Saturday, June 8, 2013

FAMILY

One reads of so  many dysfunctional  families  , broken  families,  feuding   families and  it is so  sad  when  you  read about  parents, and  children  and siblings, no  longer  talking to  each  other,not  even  a phone call   or a  card  on  special  days.  If  you  read  the  advice  columns-  you  read  about family  members  not  attending  weddings, anniversaries or  other  events  because a certain  family member  might be at  the  same  event.

What  is  wrong with  these  people?  Most of  the feuding is over something trivial-hurt  feelings,something  said in  the  heat  of an  arguement , or perhaps a parents  giving  money  to   one  sibling who  needs  it,  but  to  one who doesn't.  There  are  so  many  stupid  reasons that  families  feud or  ignore each  other  and for  what?

Granted  there  are serious  issues in  some  cases, but  the ones  I read  about  or   know about are  trivial.

I consider  myself  blessed.My family  gets  along,we have all stayed  in  the Metro  area,  and whenever  there is a crisis, we  all share  in  dealing with the  problem.

Recently  because of  the  illness of my room mate, I've had  to  rely on  my siblings  more  than  usual.
They  have  there own  families, and problems,  but  they  found  the  time  to  help  me  through  my  recovery  period, with cooking, cleaning, and other  details.  I am grateful for  their  help.Without  them I would probably have  to  hire  someone.

My  parents  were great parents-and their  greatness, love, and  concern  for  family has  been  passed on to my siblings  and  me.  Judging from the  actions  of  my nieces and  nephews  the  tradition  continues.

I wish  to  thank them  all today .
As for everyone out there in the blog  community, or  Facebook  or  any other  social network  group-if you  are  feuding  with  your   family or haven't talked to a family member in a while--pick  up  the  phone  and  call them.It is time  to  grow up, act  mature and  mend fences. It  is  time  to  be an  adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment